Terms and Conditions
Date of Last Revision: December 6, 2018
Terms of Service
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with ConnectPro Global Communities (also referred to as ConnectPro Global), as well as ConnectPro Global brands, PamTen, Inc., and SMAC Apps products and services, which we call the “ConnectPro Global Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the ConnectPro Global Services, you agree to this Statement and any changes as it is updated from time to time.
Because ConnectPro Global provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
If you are using or accessing the Services on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are representing that you have the authority to bind the company or other legal entity to the terms of the agreement and acknowledge and understand that both you, individually, and the company or entity which you represent are bound by this agreement. If you do not want to register an account and become a user, do not agree to be bound by this agreement, do not click “Join ConnectPro Global” and do not access, view, download or otherwise use any anything within ConnectPro Global. By clicking the appropriate Join Now or Sign Up Now button, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement and that you agree, on behalf of yourself and on behalf of any company or other legal entity which you represent, to be bound by all of its provisions. By clicking “Join Now,” you also consent to use electronic signatures and acknowledge your click of the “Join Now” button as one.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use ConnectPro Global Communities to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on ConnectPro Global, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with ConnectPro Global (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of ConnectPro Global, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about ConnectPro Global, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep ConnectPro Global Communities safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep ConnectPro Global safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on any ConnectPro Global product.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access the Service, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on ConnectPro Global.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use ConnectPro Global to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of ConnectPro Global products, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Services functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
ConnectPro Global users provide their real names and information, and everyone needs to provide diligence and assistance to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on ConnectPro Global, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without written, verifiable permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our written permission.
- You will not use your personal feed primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a appropriate resources as available for such purposes.
- You will not use ConnectPro Global if you are under 18.
- You will not use ConnectPro Global if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application administration) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on ConnectPro Global that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on ConnectPro Global if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on ConnectPro Global.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. ConnectPro Global Communities offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
InterUser Communication: Posting and Sharing to Groups, Discussions, Topics, Messaging, Promotions, Events, Tasks, Updates, Company Profiles, etc.)
ConnectPro Global hosts various boards, forums, and communities where you can post your observations and comments. ConnectPro Global also enables sharing of information by allowing Users to post updates, including links to third party content, and other information such as events, promotions, news, and other content to their profile and other parts of the site, such as Profile Pages. ConnectPro Global Communities members can create Profile Pages, however, ConnectPro Global may close or transfer any Profile Pages or other User created Pages, or remove content from them if the content violates this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights. Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge and agree that ConnectPro Global or its affiliated companies, is not responsible for any content or information posted by you or any other user in any ConnectPro Global hosted forum, blog, page, community, calendar or website through a user created message or otherwise through the services in any manner.
Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by others, and ConnectPro Global Communities cannot guarantee that they will not use the ideas and information that you have shared. Therefore, if you have an idea, proposal, or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to any ConnectPro Global Users you are connected to or elsewhere. CONNECTPRO GLOBAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A USER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN OR ON ANY CONNECTPRO GLOBAL HOSTED COMMUNITY, FORUM, BLOG, PAGE, CALENDAR OR WEBSITE OR THROUGH A USER CREATED MESSAGE OR OTHERWISE THROUGH THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on ConnectPro Global within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on ConnectPro Global Communities.
If you make a payment on ConnectPro Global Communities, you agree to our Payments Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must comply with the ConnectPro Global Platform Policy.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Communities
If you create or administer a Community on ConnectPro Global, or run a promotion or an offer from your Community, you agree to our Community Terms.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the ConnectPro Global Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
Mutual rights of termination: You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to ConnectPro Global as previously stated. The termination will be effective upon the processing of your notice. ConnectPro Global may terminate the Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, only ConnectPro Global or the party paying for the services may terminate your access to any Services. Termination of your ConnectPro Global account includes disabling your access to ConnectPro Global and may include barring you from any future use of ConnectPro Global.
Misuse of the Services: ConnectPro Global may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any User who abuses or misuses the Services. Misuse of the Services includes inviting other Users with whom you do not know to connect; abusing the ConnectPro Global messaging services; creating multiple or falsifying profiles; using the Services commercially without previous written ConnectPro Global authorization, breaching any intellectual property rights, violating the Code of Conduct, or any other behavior that ConnectPro Global, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, ConnectPro Global will suspend access to and terminate the account of any User whom ConnectPro Global determines to repeatedly violate other person’s rights under the United States Copyright Act or similar legislation. A User will be deemed a “repeat offender” if the User has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had one of its submissions removed from our Website more than twice.
Effect of Termination: Upon the termination of your ConnectPro Global account, you lose access to the Services.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this statement or ConnectPro Global exclusively in the U.S. District court for the state of New Jersey or a state court located in Mercer County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of New Jersey will govern this statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on ConnectPro Global, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on ConnectPro Global and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on ConnectPro Global. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on ConnectPro Global. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of ConnectPro Global.
- We try to keep ConnectPro Global up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing ConnectPro Global as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that ConnectPro Global will always be safe, secure or error-free or that ConnectPro Global will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. ConnectPro Global is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. We, PamTen, and SMAC Apps will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or ConnectPro Global, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of this statement or ConnectPro Global will not exceed the greater of one hundred dollars ($100) or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In such cases, ConnectPro Global’s liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with ConnectPro Global outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on ConnectPro Global (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use ConnectPro Global if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- By "ConnectPro Global Communities" or “ConnectPro Global” or “ ConnectPro Global Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.ConnectPro Global.com and any other ConnectPro Global branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. ConnectPro Global reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from ConnectPro Global or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with ConnectPro Global.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using ConnectPro Global Services.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from ConnectPro Global or provide to ConnectPro Global through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on any ConnectPro Global product or otherwise make available through ConnectPro Global services.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By “Trademarks” we mean the list of applicable trademarks.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and ConnectPro Global. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either ConnectPro Global, ConnectPro Global Communities, PamTen, Inc., or SMACApps, as appropriate.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding ConnectPro Global, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing ConnectPro Global.
By using or accessing ConnectPro Global Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy as amended from time to time. You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of ConnectPro Global:
- Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through ConnectPro Global, unless it is stated that other terms apply.
- Platform Page: This page helps you better understand what happens when you add a third-party application or use ConnectPro Global Connect, including how they may access and use your data.
- ConnectPro Global Platform Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to applications, including Connect sites.
- Advertising Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on ConnectPro Global.
- Self-Serve Ad Terms: These terms apply when you use the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces to create, submit, or deliver any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
- Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on ConnectPro Global.
- ConnectPro Global Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of ConnectPro Global trademarks, logos and screenshots.
- How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
- Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of ConnectPro Global Pages.
- Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to ConnectPro Global Communities and your activity on ConnectPro Global.
To access the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities in several different languages, change the language setting for your system. If the Statement is not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version.
You can contact us at:
5 Independence Way, Suite 180
Princeton, NJ 08540